Parent Portal 2.0 Requested Features and User Feedback
- Users of the beta version Parent Portal 2.0 will find a more informative message when student scores are still loading. Past displays showed "0 Courses" while the report was still loading, you'll now see a message "Loading...".
- Now available in Parent Portal 2.0... score comments!
- Based on user feedback, missing work in Parent Portal 2.0 is now indicated on reports by a simple red icon; the missing count is no longer displayed on the actual report.
- Feature Request! We received feedback from many of you regarding a 'receipt' of some sort when sending progress reports via email. Now, when progress reports are generated by course or by single student, the user will receive an emailed link to copies of all reports too. Thanks teachers!
- Email Teacher option is now available in Parent Portal 2.0. When this feature is selected by a school students and parents will have the ability to click on the email icon in the portal to send an email message to the teacher of their course.
- Do you include custom text on your progress reports? Maybe a score key or special message? School administrators can now set a default message that can be displayed on progress reports without having to re-type the message every time a set of report is ran. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to set this up.
- The full school Missing Work Report available in the Backoffice now includes student advisor data as well as a separate column for course section number.
- Proficiency transcripts (if your school/district has this feature enabled) now have the option of rounding to the hundredths place instead of just the tenths place for overall scores.
- Google SSO sign in has been improved so that you can enable/disable for one type (teacher vs. parent/student) of user but not the other.
- Some users experienced trouble when attempting to save and create course comments and overrides this past week. Our team was able to rectify this over the weekend and you should see those course comments saving as expected again.
- Users of our beta version Parent Portal 2.0 will find an improvement in the display of custom course names on the missing work report.
- For Missing assessments, you'll find the 'Expires from Alerts' feature behaving as expected again; setting a date for expiration will remove the assessment from missing work reports on the parent portal.