Many schools use Skyward in addition to JumpRope either because it is provided/required by their state or district or because they use functions of Skyward for which JumpRope does not equivalents. Instead of maintaining student records manually in JumpRope, we recommend that any schools that store student records Sand schedules in Skyward set up automatic & secure sending of student schedules and biographical information to JumpRope. When setup is complete, your schedule and student data will be kept up-to-date in JumpRope via an automated nightly import.
Here is an outline of the process:
- Your school or district will need to export five specific data sets as CSV as described by the template files attached below this article. The column headings and format must exactly match.
- You can script the upload of the five files to JumpRope via SFTP on a scheduled basis, preferably between the hours of 8 PM and 3 AM Eastern Time. Credentials for your SFTP account will be provided by your JumpRope Implementation Specialist.
- JumpRope will automatically import the latest data on the FTP server each morning between 4 AM and 7 AM Eastern Time.
As a first step, download the template files below and send JumpRope's support team a set of data from your district in that format. We will help facilitate next steps.
A couple of other items to keep in mind:
- Dates should be formatted as mm/dd/yyyy if possible
- Student ID numbers cannot change over time, so please use an ID that is stable
- Please include column headers in your files