If you don't see your student information system in the title of one of the help articles in this section, that doesn't mean we don't offer an existing integration. Please check with your Implementation Manager, or a member of our Sales or Success team to find out more.
If it turns out we do need to build a new integration in order to work with your SIS, here's what you'll need to know:
- In order to create a schedule, JumpRope will need data on students, teachers, courses(catalog), course sections, and enrollments. This data may come to us as 5 separate files, or the necessary info may be combined into a smaller set of files.
- All data must include unique identifiers for students, teachers, courses, and course sections/classes.
- Data must include teacher email addresses so that the integration can map courses with their JR accounts
- Student info must, at minimum, include full name, ID number, and grade. Birth dates can also be synced. Other student data can be in the files, but may not be imported.
- No files that are sent to us may be manipulated manually, no exceptions. Most student information systems will offer built-in exports that you can run as-is.
- Our preference is to automate integrations, but this is not required. The ability to automate depends on your ability to send a set of files to JumpRope via SFTP on a scheduled basis (generally overnight). Your SIS may offer an option to schedule exports and upload them automatically, or you may choose to build your own process for this.
- JumpRope will import the latest files on our FTP server each morning, regardless of whether you sent new files. This means it's up to you to ensure that updated data is reaching our server.
If you'd like to pursue an integration with your SIS, your first step will be to send a set of files containing the data listed in step one to email@example.com. Please begin by looking for existing, built-in student and schedule exports available in your SIS. Send them along to us for review, and we'll let you know if anything needs to be added or changed. If you need additional assistance with this step, please let your Implementation Manager know and we will be happy to schedule a screenshare and work together on finding the exports.
Once we've approved the file format, we'll give you credentials for the SFTP data transfer. It will then be up to you to determine how to upload files to our FTP server on a regular basis in order to keep JumpRope up-to-date. Your first step should be to contact your SIS to find out if they offer an automated way to send data (if you aren't already aware of one). If that's not an option, we can help you out with uploading the files to us manually.
If your SIS does not offer a pre-built set of exports, please see the templates below for an example of one of the more common data sets that we see. If you have the ability to build exports that match these templates, we can work from there.