The Family Portal tab of the Admin Console allows you to change a number of settings that govern the behavior of the portal. You can also view and access the portal from a student's perspective using these tools.
Creating Student Username Accounts
(1) Login Stats: You can quickly see how many times each student has logged into the Portal, as well as the date of the most recent login.
(2) Usernames: Here you can edit or import the username used to access the Portal. Use the menu in the top-right to import or export this information.
(3) Passwords: From the menu in the top right of the Accounts list, you can set up passwords in bulk in several ways. You have the choice of setting all student passwords to their ID number (this is our recommended approach as it minimizes password management logistics), to generate a random PIN-type password (5-digit number) for each student, or to import passwords from a spreadsheet. Note: the "Randomize All Passwords", will overwrite any previous password for all students. To change passwords individually, simply type them into the account list. From the Passwords section, you can also print out a list of all student accounts and passwords to aid in distribution. Check off "Auto-set New Student Passwords" to automatically set the password for new students to their student ID.
(4) Masquerade: Click the little ninja icon to the right to masquerade into the Portal from the perspective of any individual student. This is a great way to test out your settings.
(5) Welcome Emails: JumpRope can send out a welcome email including a link to the portal, login instructions, and any custom message that you wish. Simply click the Send Email button for an individual student or select Send Welcome Emails to All from the menu on the top right of the account list.