JumpRope allows you to align any teacher-written standards with standards stored within the system. These may be Common Core standards, or they may be a set of standards chosen by your school; this depends on your school's preferences. To learn how to enable Common Core or State Standards for your school or district - or to add custom school-wide standards - check out this article.
To align a standard, click on the Plan tab and select any unit that is editable by you by clicking on the unit's title. On step two of the Plan tab, create or select any standard on the list at left. In the "Details" box to the right, you'll see the option for alignment. Once you "Click to Align", you will get a popup that allows you to select the related state standard. The system then retains this information for your future reference and for reporting purposes.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about the alignment process:
- To expand a row, simply click anywhere in the row. If it doesn't expand (and has an arrow icon), you've reached the final level of detail. Click any standard at the final level of detail, and it will allow you to click Select at the bottom to save your changes.
- To collapse a row, you must click the down-arrow to the left of the folder.
- You can un-align a previously-aligned standard by clicking on the Not Aligned button at the bottom. Cancelling is different, as it will retain whatever your previous alignment was (if any).
- Standards may be grouped in a hierarchy to help you drill down to the appropriate standard.
- Fear not - the system will remember the items that you have previously expanded each time that you open the box, as long as you don't log off and back on again between alignments.