As an administrator with access to the Admin Console, you can create as many teacher and staff accounts as you need and manage access and permissions. You can also edit or disable user accounts, import them in bulk, and send welcome emails with login instructions. To do so, log in to the Admin Console and click on the Users tab.
-  Username: this is the official username to log in to JumpRope. It must be a valid email address, and the user must have access to the email account. This is the address that we will send a welcome email to that contains a secure link to allow them to set their password and log into the system. Once the username has been saved or a user has logged in, the username cannot be changed. However, a preferred email can be set for each user for general notifications and correspondence, and the user will be asked to set their preferred email upon first login.
-  First / Last Name: set for you automatically, but you can change it at any time!
-  Type: account type (i.e. Teacher, Staff, Administrator). Most users will not be able to change this setting for their own account. Permissions are not granted based on the account type, but certain functions and reports use this to categorize users.
-  Schedule Code: this is a special setting that allows the system to map teachers to different courses within the system.
-  Name to Kids: we know that in schools we often are known by something other than our full name. This is your chance to set the name that you would like displayed publicly within the system and on (most) printed reports for which students are the audience. This could be, for example, "Mr. Olsen." Users are asked to set this upon first login, so it's probably best not to change it in the Admin Console.
-  Preferred Email: change this setting to determine the email address that you would like to use to receive communications and notifications from the system. You will still have to log into the system using your official username.
-  Permissions: choose which modules this teacher can access. Teachers only need the Teacher Dashboard. The Admin Console lets users manage settings, accounts, and schedules. The Backoffice allows school-wide reporting.
-  Usage Details: this report, which can be exported to a pdf, provides usage details with graphs for the individual user. Data includes overall usage, usage over time, attendance data, character and comments, curriculum planning, grading activity and student mastery.
-  Disable Account: refer to the section "Deleting or Disabling User Accounts" below for details on this
-  Send Welcome Email: click this button to send a welcome email to both the email in the Username and the Preferred Email field (if any) that contains login instructions. You can also send these in bulk using the settings menu above the accounts list.
-  Ninja into Account: this nifty feature lets you assume the identity of any teacher to help troubleshoot issues in JumpRope. Formerly known as "masquerading," but changed due to popular demand.
Creating New Users
Creating a new user from the Admin Console is relatively simple.
- Locate and click the "Create New User" button in the top left.
- Select the "New User" that is added to the list (in most cases, JumpRope will do this for you automatically) and fill in the required fields at right.
- Click the blue Save button in the bottom right, and wait for confirmation. Follow any instructions given to you if there are errors.
- Once saved, you may wish to click the Send Welcome Email to send the user their login instructions. You cannot do this until the user is successfully saved in our system. Keep in mind that you cannot masquerade into a user's account until they have successfully logged in for the first time.
Bulk Import of Users
When you first begin using the system, it can be useful to import users in bulk. Please keep in mind that you should only create accounts in JumpRope for teachers, administrators, and staff - students and parents access the Parent & Student Portal via a separate account system, since they have limited access. With this in mind, here's how you can bulk-import accounts:
- Click the Excel icon found to the right of the blue "Create New User" button in the top left.
- Follow the instructions in the popup box. Specifically:
- Download the Excel template. This file contains an empty spreadsheet with the proper column headings for import. While it is possible to upload the data in a different format, we recommend beginning with this template to make sure that you include all relevant fields. It also includes comments explaining the purpose of each column.
- Fill out the spreadsheet and either save it to your computer or simply Copy the data (including headers) to your clipboard.
- Click on the "Load from CSV or Excel" button, browse for the file, and open it or simply Paste the data from your Clipboard into the provided window. Wait for the file to fully upload.
- If asked to, double-check the preview and ensure that all columns are properly mapped to the related account fields.
- Click the Okay button in the bottom-right of the "field mapping tool."
- Look through the imported data that is displayed on your screen, and make sure that things "appear correct." Also, respond to any errors or warnings that the system alerts you to.
- If everything looks good, click the "Import Users" button and wait for a response.
- You're done!
Deleting or Disabling User Accounts
For a number of reasons (data integrity and security, primarily), JumpRope does not allow you to completely delete user accounts during a school year. However, you can easily disable an account, making it impossible for the user to log in or access any data. To do so, simply click on the user from the list at left and select the "Disable Account" button under the Tools section. You can also disable a users account from the dropdown menu located above and to the right of the username. If you do not see the option to do so, it likely means that your account doesn't have permission to disable users. If you need permission, please contact an administrator at your school or our email support.