The Grade tab in JumpRope is the tab that gives you the tools you need to enter student scores. At its heart is a spreadsheet-like interface to enter mastery scores on a numeric scale (usually 0-4 or 0-100 depending on your settings) or with codes that represent different mastery levels. All data that you enter is saved to the internet (much like Google Docs saves your work periodically while you work on it) every few seconds, or you can force a save by clicking on the button in the top-right. The Grade tab also has many tools to allow you to create or modify assessments, decide which objectives you will teach, calculate growth goals, and more. Take a look at the following screenshot, with detailed explanations below.
- Select Course and Unit - Use these drop-down menus to choose which course (it will select for you if you only have one group of students that you teach) and unit that you'd like to enter data for.
- For more help understanding the courses that you have access to, check out this article.
- The units available in the Grade tab are pre-populated from the units that you created / selected in the Plan tab. We separate Plan from Grade to help you keep organized.
- Assessment List - This list shows the various assessments available for which to enter data. You can add or modify assessments, such as projects, papers, exit slips, or quizzes, using the Planning Tool.
- Student List - This list shows each student that is enrolled in your class, as well as the average level of mastery on the selected assessment (across all standards). Depending on your school, you may or may not be able to edit your student list. Learn more here: http://support.jumpro.pe/hc/en-us/articles/200382564
- Score Grid - Each row represents a student, and each column represents an objective. Column and row averages - as well as subtotals - will automatically be calculated for you. If you enter an invalid score, the cell will turn red and warn you to change it. Invalid values will not be saved. As you enter scores, watch the button in the top right for save status. To delete a score, simply use the backspace or delete key to remove the number, and click outside of the box. The arrow keys and the tab key may help you navigate the data grid more efficiently while entering scores.
- Sub-total Columns - This column will sub-total standards of various types.
- Save Changes Button - JumpRope will save your changes automatically every 10 seconds or so if you do not force it to save more frequently. There is no need to press save after every score that is entered, but feel free to force it to save as often as you would like by clicking this button or pressing Ctrl/Cmd-S.
That's it! Simply enter scores for your assessments as you collect and grade them for your students, and the data is automatically rolled up into our powerful mastery and growth reports. You can also send progress reports home to kids!
Click here to learn more about using JumpRope's mastery and growth reports.