JumpRope has a number of different places that you can enter "comments" throughout the system, much like on Facebook you can comment on posts, profiles, etc. One type of comments is our internal comment system that is often used for behavioral anecdotes - you can learn more about there here: Entering a Comment
You can also enter a comment for a specific assessment, score, and standard which will show up on progress reports that are printed to the assessment level. This is useful when you want to add anecdotal feedback or context to a score that you are entering in the gradebook. Within this same comment box, you can also adjust the assessment date for the particular score that you've clicked. Follow these steps to add a score comment:
- Load the assessment in the Grade tab and make sure that a score is entered for the student in question. The score must be saved in order to enter a comment.
- Double-click on the score itself within the grade grid. This should pop up a comment box.
- Enter a comment, up to 500 characters, and click Save.
- You're done! Your comment will now be saved and will be indicated in the cell by a small green dot, as shown below. You can always double-click the score again to edit or delete it.
- If you wish, you can un-check the "Show comment on reports" checkbox within the comment popup if you want to keep the comment private to you.