Entering mastery data can be a time-consuming process, and we are all about saving you time so long as it doesn't hurt the overall integrity of the data in JumpRope. One power tool that we have to save you time is the "grade auto-fill" feature that is built into our Grade tab. This feature is appropriate under certain circumstances to easily enter a score for all students in a class on a particular assessment and standard.
To keep the interface simple, this is actually a hidden feature that requires you to know a keyboard shortcut. Here's how it works:
- Enter a score into the first row in the column you wish to auto-fill.
- With that score highlighted, press Control-DOWNARROW (Command-DOWNARROW on a Mac).
- Send a quick note of appreciation to the folks at JumpRope!
A couple of things to note:
- This will never overwrite existing scores in the column. Think of it as "filling in any blanks in the column with the currently selected score."
- It's actually modeled after the "fill down" feature in Excel. As such, it only fills into cells below the currently-selected cell at the time the shortcut is pressed. In other words, you can get fancy and auto-fill only part of a column if needed.
- Control-RIGHT works too!
As always, let us know if you have any questions or feedback by reaching out to our support representatives!