It's a terrible feeling to think that your hard work in JumpRope may have gone missing, and we take any reports of missing data extremely seriously. JumpRope has multiple redundant backup systems designed to make it virtually impossible for data to actually be lost, so it's very likely that we will be able to help. In fact, more than 9 times in 10 it turns out to be something relatively innocent such as needing to share a unit with a course or a date range limiting data in a confusing way. Regardless of the root cause, we are more than happy to look into it but we need your help to make sure we have all of the right details. Because it can take us quite awhile to fully investigate your specific issue, here are the steps that we ask you to take if you think you are missing grades to speed up the resolution:
- Before you do anything else, try refreshing your browser and checking one more time for the scores. It seems silly, but sometimes an internet connection problem or timeout can cause certain data to not appear within JumpRope if your tab has been open for a long time, expecially if your computer goes to sleep often or loses internet connectivity. This quick step often solves the issue, so it's worth a try.
- Verify that you still have access to the proper courses and sections. Most schools sync up schedules and class lists daily with other systems, and occasionally things can crop up that cause a course to go missing from your account. If this occurs, you'll need to reach out to an administrator at your school or district to work on resolving this, but rest assured that even if you can't see a specific course or student that does NOT mean that the grades were deleted! Once we re-associate the course with your account the grades will return as well.
- Pull up the specific place in the Grade tab where you believe data is missing (select the course, unit, assessment, etc.) to the extent that you're able. If you are unable to access the course, unit, or assessment please let us know very specifically what it/they were called and approximately when you first created them.
- If you're having trouble finding the scores in the Grade tab, go to the Courses tab and select the relevant course, select the Mastery sub-tab, and see if you can locate the missing scores in the mastery reports. If the scores are there, it's likely just a matter of sharing the appropriate unit with the appropriate course. At this point, you can return to the grade tab and look through the "Un-shared Units" and/or "Archived Units" to see if you can find the appropriate scores, and you may be able to resolve the problem without our help by following the on-screen directions to re-share the unit.
- If you are able to find the unit and assessment in question but a specific column (standard) is missing, return to the Plan tab and verify that the assessment is aligned to all of the relevant standards.
- If you haven't already resolved the issue, please submit a support request from your account using the Account & Support -> Contact Us feature and provide as much detail as possible. If relevant, please tell us:
- The name of the course and section
- The name of the unit, case study, etc.
- The name of the assessment and/or standard(s)
- The name of a specific student that you're sure scores were entered for
- The approximate day and time that the scores were entered, the last time that you saw them in JumpRope (if at all), and the approximate day and time that you first noticed that they were missing.
Stick with us - we'll figure this out and hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here! We take data integrity very seriously as well as the overall reliability of the system. We will do everything possible to recover any missing data, update the system to prevent it from happening in the future, and/or clarify the way JumpRope works so that you don't run into this problem in the future.