The Standards Bank in JumpRope refers to a school-wide (or in some cases district-wide) bank of standards available for teachers to use to enter scores. This standards bank may be provided to teachers by the school/district or it may be create collaboratively by teachers. Either way, there should never been any duplicate standards within the bank and any standards created will be visible to all teachers.
There are two ways to add standards to the Standards Bank:
1. Importing standards in bulk
Standards can be created in bulk by an administrator by following these steps:
- Access the Admin Console
- Under the Settings tab, click on Standards
- Towards the bottom, select Manage Standards Bank
- In the popup standards bank, click Import from Excel at the top of the window.
- Warning: we recommend importing from a JumpRope approved standards template.Because of the hierarchical relationship between standards, this complex process requires that standards be in a very specific format or errors may occur. JumpRope support is happy to review your standards template prior to importing...we'll even import it for you if you'd like!
- First, import standards at the top of the hierarchy (typically with a depth of 2). Complete this process - you may have to refresh your browser to see the imported standards.
- Second, import standards at the bottom of the hierarchy (typically with a depth of 1 - these are your "directly-assessed standards"). These will map to the parent standards so long as your import template was properly validated.
2. Adding or editing individual standards
Alternatively, standards can be added, edited, and deleted individually by administration (or by teachers depending on the settings selected). This may be useful if you have a small set of standards or if you are making small changes or additions to your standards after the initial import. For instructions on adding standards individually, check out this document: Adding Standards to the Standards Bank