Whether you create your own standards or they have been provided to you by your school or district, you still need to tell JumpRope which standards are connected to each of your classes. There are two ways to do this: you can individually select the standards from the Standards Bank or you can add standards that are connected to another similar class (perhaps another section) or a course template.
Adding standards individually from the bank
To connect existing standards from the bank to one of your courses, follow these steps:
- Access the Plan tab in the JumpRope Teacher Dashboard
- Select the desired course from the drop down in the top-left (you do this one course/section at a time).
- Click on the Add or Edit Standards button (blue) to access the Standards Bank.
- Within the Standards Bank, click the checkbox next to any standard that you would like to connect with your course. Here are some tips to make it easier:
- You can search the bank using the Search filter toward the top of the grid.
- You can filter by content area using the drop-down filter above the content area column.
- You can show and filter by grade level (if applicable) by selecting "Show Grade Level" from the menu in the top right.
- Selecting a parent standard's checkbox will automatically select all of the underlying child standards to save you time.
- When you have selected the standards that you would like to connect (there's no limit to the number that you can connect to a course), click the Done button at the bottom right.
- You can always repeat these steps to connect additional standards to your course or to remove them from your course (if they have not already been assessed).
Adding standards from another course or template
In many cases, teachers wish to use the same set of standards for more than one course. For example, a high school math teacher may have four sections of algebra that are all addressing the same standards. In this situation, we recommend following the steps above to individually connect the related standards for one section first, and then follow the steps below to easily connect all of the same standards with each additional section. Here's how:
- Access the Plan tab and select a course that you would like to connect standards to (not the one that already has standards connected - select the destination course).
- In the menu to the right of the name of the course, select Add from Course or Template and pick the course or template that you wish to grab standards from.
- Verify the action in the popup, and decide whether you would like to disconnect existing standards from the destination course or not before applying the template (the default is that any standards already connected to the destination course will remain connected even if they aren't in the source course or template).
- Click on Apply Template, and you're done!