JumpRope's Plan tab allows you to easily create and connect standards, units, and assessments to your courses. In some cases, you may wish to set up a "template course" that includes a specific set of standards from the Standards Bank that can later be applied to specific teachers, courses, and sections. Here are a few scenarios when this might be useful:
- You are a school or district administrator (or curriculum coordinator, etc.) that is managing the bank of standards for many teachers. You wish to save teachers time and enforce consistency by setting up the standards that will be connected to each course for your teachers (as opposed to having teachers complete this process individual, which is also possible). In this case, you can create and maintain course templates that teachers can later apply to their official courses so that the correct standards are connected.
- You are a teacher who is evaluating JumpRope and/or beginning the planning process prior to your official courses showing up in JumpRope. In this case, it may make sense to create a course "template" that will be a placeholder for your real courses. You can then work to connect standards within the template, and later quickly apply them to your official courses. NOTE: This feature may or may not be enabled for teacher use - it depends on administrative settings.
Creating a Course Template
To create a course template, follow these steps:
- Depending on your role, access the Curriculum tab (in the Admin Console) or the Plan tab (in the Teacher Dashboard)
- In the top left "courses" drop-down, select Create new Course Template.
- Fill out the fields in the Course Template Properties popup.
- Once you have created a template, you can use it just like a regular course in the remainder of the planning process. In other words, you can connect standards to the template as if it were a regular course and JumpRope will keep track of these for later use.
- To apply a template to a "real" course, follow the steps in this article: http://support.jumpro.pe/hc/en-us/articles/203080410-Connecting-Standards-to-a-Course
- To edit or delete a course template after creating it, first select it in the dropdown and look for the blue EDIT button to the right of the template name.