These instructions are for the District Edition's Standards Bank. If you are looking to align teacher-written standards to National Standards see this article.
JumpRope allows you to align any standard in your bank to external standards. These may be Common Core standards, the Next Gen Science Standards, or any other external state or national standards available in your account. Once aligned, you can run special reports showing the alignment coverage or even student mastery in terms of the national standards.
To align a standard, first access your Standard Bank from the administrative tool. Then, search or navigate the bank to find the standard you wish to align. Once you "Click to Align," you will get a popup that allows you to select the related state standard. The system then retains this information for your future reference and for reporting purposes.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about the alignment process:
- To expand a row, simply click anywhere in the row. If it doesn't expand (and has no arrow icon on the left), you've reached the final level of detail. Click any standard at the final level of detail, and it will allow you to click Select at the bottom to save your changes.
- To collapse a row, you must click the down-arrow to the left of the folder.
- You can un-align a previously-aligned standard by clicking on the Not Aligned button at the bottom. Cancelling is different, as it will retain whatever your previous alignment was (if any).
- Standards may be grouped in a hierarchy to help you drill down to the appropriate standard.
- Fear not - the system will remember the items that you have previously expanded each time that you open the box, as long as you don't log off and back on again between alignments.