JumpRope is pleased to announce a brand new version of our Student & Parent Portal for the 2017 school year. We have tested this with dozens of schools and districts over the last year, and are now upgrading all schools and sunsetting the original Student & Parent Portal. There are a number of improvements, but here are the highlights:
- Works across web, tablet, and mobile phones without the need for Adobe Flash or an app from the app store.
- Simplified and improved overview of current grades, including a summary of missing work and the date that scores were last updated.
- Detailed view of mastery per standard including a chart showing change in scores over time.
- Loads faster and takes up less bandwidth!
In order to support logging in on mobile devices and some of the new communication feature, students must log in with an email address and password. The new Family Portal does not support JumpRope's legacy login method that allowed students to log in using their full name and/or contact information. We understand that this may represent a loss in convenience, but it was a necessary step to improve security and support new features.
In order to ensure a smooth transition to the new portal, please read and complete the following steps:
- Log in to the Admin Console for each school involved and access the new Family Portal Settings (they've changed a bit for this version). JumpRope's team will have done it's best to convert your older settings over so that the language and options match the old portal, but it's worth double-checking the introduction messages and consider taking advantage of the improved formatting options. Make sure to check that any links still work!
- Ninja in as a couple of students and check the portal from the student/parent perspective to make sure things "look right." Again, JumpRope Support will have done this as part of the upgrade but it's still worth double-checking!
- If your community previously used the mobile portal (iOS), the old app will have been disabled and will show a message that links to the new portal. The new portal works in mobile browsers on Android and iOS devices (as well as PC browsers) as shown below, but the old App Store app is obsolete (and no longer listed on the store). If your school or district manages mobile devices, it's best to remove the obsolete app ("JumpRope M") in favor of our new login page (a web link to https://www.jumpro.pe/login).
- Double check that all students have usernames and passwords in the Admin Console->Portal Settings->Accounts. In some cases these are automatically created when data is synchronized with other systems, but depending on your settings you may need to type/import usernames and passwords. Unlike earlier versions of the portal, both a username and a password are required for the new version. For security and compliance reasons we no longer support the older "log in with biographicals" options. Contact our support team if you have questions or concerns related to this.
- For users accessing the portal on a PC, existing links should work fine (and direct users to the new portal) if users bookmarked existing links or you have a link to your portal on your website. In other words, you don't need to change anything if you have links posted to the portal; however, it's worth noting that Username and Password is the only available login option which may require clarification for users who previously logged in using their name or phone number.
Okay, let's take a look at the new portal!
Simplified Current Grades view with summary of missing work and date changed.
Standard mastery details, including chart.
Improved Missing Work view.
Improved for different screen sizes (designed to work on phones and tablets).