This article provides instructions for administrators *specifically at Aviation High School* to create new credits to be added to teacher accounts and scored. This article is not relevant for any other schools at this time.
Specifically, these instructions show you how to add additional entries to the FAA Courses list shown here:
First, make sure you are logged in to a user account that has access to the Admin Console. Some of these features are only available in those accounts.
- Switch to the Teacher Dashboard if you aren't already there:
- Go to the Plan tab:
- With "All of my Units" selected on the left side, press Create New Unit:
- Fill in the Title as the exact name you would like to appear on reports; select today's date as the start date and tomorrow's date as the end date (these are required but do not matter for reporting - you could put in any dates you please). You can ignore everything else, and click save:
- If you see a warning that the unit is not shared with courses, click Save Anyway:
- Click on the title of the new unit to go to the next step:
- In the box with the Type here to create a new faa course.. prompt, type the name of the FAA Credit again (exactly the same as the unit title) and press the return key:
- To go to the next step, click on 3. Design Assessments:
- Click on New Assessment and select Class Grade:
- Type "Class Grade" as the title (be precise, this will appear on reports). Highlight the assessment so that it turns green and check the checkbox next to the FAA Course on the left. Enter today's date as the due date (similar to unit dates, the date is required by the system but is meaningless and will not show on reports):
- Repeat steps 9 (New Assessment) and 10 but this time use Exam Grade as the type and the title of the assessment. Ensure that you check the checkbox and put in a due date:
- Click back on step 1. Unit at the top:
- Click on the blue Edit button next to the unit you just created:
- Go to the Publish section toward the top of the unit. UN-CHECK AND RE-CHECK the "Publish this Unit" checkbox - this is due to a bug in our system. Then click save:
- Your new FAA Credit should now be available in the FAA Courses of the Plan tab and can be added to any teacher's account just like the other FAA Credits as described in this document: (may required a refresh):
If you run into trouble, you can delete the unit and try again. If you continue to run into trouble, contact JumpRope Support but leave the unit in your account for us to check.