When a current teacher needs to take a leave, our recommendation is to create a new account for the incoming teacher. This preserves when and by whom scores and data were entered or created.
Here are the steps:
1. Create a new user account for the incoming teacher.
2. In your SIS, assign the necessary courses to the new teacher. (If assigning the new teacher to courses is not an option you can include them as a manual co-teacher. How do I share a course with a co-teacher?)
3. Ninja into the previous teacher's account and share all of their units with the new teacher. ("Share with one or more teachers" section: Share vs Clone/Copy - The Basics)
4. In the new teacher's account, access the shared units via the manage units tool here: Managing Your Units
5. Within the new teacher's account, share the unit with each course. ("Share with your own courses" section: Share vs Clone/Copy - The Basics)
All of the scores previously entered will be accessible to the new teacher (but will remain technically entered by the original teacher) and they will also now have the capability to add and create their own items.