- On the JumpRope login page, www.jumpro.pe/login, you’ll now see a “Sign in with Google” button. Google SSO is an option that is open to enable for parent portal login. For teacher and administrative use, the feature is in beta testing. Please contact us if you would like to hear more about being included in the testing.
- Users of our Parent Portal 2.0 product will be excited to hear that Course Comments are now a supported feature.
- Sometimes, when another user is helping you out by ‘ninjaing’ into your account, they need to submit a support ticket to JumpRope. In the past, this ticket has been automatically assigned to whomever’s account the admin user was ‘ninja-ed’ into. Now, if you ‘ninja’, you’ll see a small ninja icon near the Account & Support menu reminding you that you are actually logged in to your own account but are accessing another teacher’s. If you send in a support ticket, JumpRope will receive clearer information about who is sending the request and the request will automatically include you as a cc.
- Are you a user of the JumpRope Curriculum Tool Power-Up? You’ll be happy to hear that we’ve made improvements to the on-screen “Help” widget, including its size and location, so that you can get ahold of us more easily!
- For users of the Admin Console, you’ll notice that the “Course Catalog” sub-tab is available again for read-only use in the Schedule tab.
- Custom Biographical imports now validate ‘email’ fields to only allow one email address per field (you’ll just need to make sure that the name of your custom field includes ‘email’).
- Those districts that have students who attend or are enrolled in more than one school will find improvements in the behavior of the “Access Inactive Student” feature.
- A limited number of users were experiencing trouble with the Course tab re-loading the selected course. This issue is resolved and the selected course is now auto-loading when you open the Course tab.