Welcome, we’re glad you’re here!
This document includes a quick look at the features of the Staff page found in the Admin Console. You’ll find information on how to perform basic functions, links to more in-depth instructions, changes to previously existing features and more. Staff accounts include teachers, administrators, counselors, office staff, etc.
Who is this information for?
District and possibly school level administrative staff.
What’s important to know?
Staff with District level access are assumed to have full admin permission to each school site through the Staff page
If you’re a seasoned admin user of JumpRope you might notice several changes to required fields, location of features, etc. Here’s a list of some of the most common changes that you might encounter:
User vs Staff
- All accounts are now referred to collectively as “Staff” accounts. These include district and school level administrators, teachers, counselors, office staff, etc.
- Staff accounts for JumpRope now only have one active email address. This address is used as a staff member’s login username and their current contact address. There is no longer a need for a preferred email address or multiple usernames. In the event of a change in email address simply edit the staff user’s Email field.
- A staff account ‘type’ is now a thing of the past. Selecting “Teacher”, “Admin”, or “Staff” is no longer necessary. Use the “Title” field as an option to replace this information. Permissions for staff (i.e. what they can access in JumpRope) are not managed by their Title nor Type; these are managed by a staff role. See Manage Staff Accounts
Connected accounts - One teacher, more than one school.
- Connected accounts can now be managed locally without direct support from JumpRope. Create a staff account once and then select the schools/sites that they should have access to along with the level of access they should have.
- Past permissions were limited to JumpRope’s modules; Backoffice, Admin Console, and Teacher Dashboard. Not too much has changed here but you’ll need to enable permissions for Backoffice and Admin for each staff account access (i.e. school/site). Every staff account will still have automatic access to the Teacher Dashboard regardless of their title.
Staff accounts per school
- Past views separated staff accounts by school or site. Now a full list of all staff accounts in the district will be listed.
- Import in bulk
- Add one-off
- What is a Welcome Email?
- Bulk and/or individually
- Change or add schools (formerly handled via 'connected' accounts)
- Change or add information including permissions
- Editing Staff email/username
- View inactive accounts
- How to Deactivate an account
- Deactivate Account vs Deactivate Role (Staff Account Detail Page)
- Inactive Account Management
- Administratively accessing another staff account