Ready to close the current school year and transition JumpRope to the upcoming school year?
Have teachers completed all score entry for the currently ending school year? Transitioning to the upcoming school year means:
- Teachers maintain access to their accounts.
- Courses and enrollments from the newly ended year are no longer accessible from teacher accounts.
- Units (along with their assessments) are archived. Teachers can re-use copies of units for the new school year.
- Scores from the newly ended year are not editable by teachers. New scores for the ended school year cannot be entered nor can assessments be created.
- Administrative accounts can edit existing scores for past years. New scores or assessments cannot be added.
Are you planning on using JR for summer school? Make sure you’ve consulted with our support team prior to initiating the Begin New Year Wizard. Depending on the schedule setup in your SIS, the wizard may need to be left uncompleted until the end of summer school.
Once you’re ready, close the current school year and transition JumpRope to the next school year by completing the following steps (for a District account, the steps will need to be completed separately for each school):
- Log in to the Admin Console. Initiate the Begin New Year Wizard found either on the landing page (after June 30) or in Settings->Schedule (prior to June 30).
- Complete Wizard
- Update the Family Portal date range. The portal date range is independent of the Begin New Year process. This setting is found in the Admin Console->Student & Parent Portal tab->Manage Portal 2.0 Settings. If you want families to continue to be able to access grades on the portal throughout the summer, the date range can be left unchanged.
- That's it!
Completing the Begin New Year Wizard does the following:
- Courses are removed from teacher accounts.
- Students from the year that has ended may be deactivated. This is dependent on how your SIS manages enrollment from year to year. Mastery reports for inactive students will still be available.
- Units and the assessments contained within them will be archived (copies of Units can be re-used by teachers during next year, but existing grades cannot be edited by teachers at this point).
- All course sections/enrollments will “disappear” from teacher accounts AND the Admin Console until JumpRope receives new data from your SIS for the new upcoming year. There may be steps that need to happen on your end to ensure that the new year's data is being sent to JumpRope; check with your IT department if you have questions.
What happens to our automated integration over the summer?
- After the end date of the school year has passed, the imports will pause until you complete the new year Wizard AND new data is sent from your SIS. New data is generally not sent until August.
- There may be manual steps that need to be done on your end to ensure that the new year’s data is being sent to JumpRope. Please consult with your IT department if necessary. JumpRope will automatically detect when new data is sent and will update within a few days.
What happens to all of this year’s data when we transition to the new school year?
- All data for past years’ is accessible through Backoffice reports and/or individual Student mastery reports regardless of the current school year. If you need to included data for students who are no longer enrolled at your school in these reports, note that there is an extra step to select that option.
- Administrative access allows for editing of existing individual scores and grades.
- Units are archived.
How do I access and export end of year student data?
- Though reports are available both before and after transitioning to the new year, it may be a good idea to export your full set of final grades before running the New Year Wizard. This will help to cut down on confusion with students who have been or will be deactivated.
- On-screen mastery reports are accessible through Backoffice reports. Set the date range of the report to select the desired data.
- Mastery Reports can be exported as a backup or for other needs. More information can be found here: Viewing and Exporting Final Grades
What steps do I need to take regarding our Standards Bank?
- See this document Managing Your Standard Bank from Year to Year 2.0
- If your district or school uses a centrally managed standards bank and you're expecting to make changes or updates to the bank for the coming school year, now is a great time to complete these tasks.
- In general, if you're making a small amount of changes you can continue into the next year with your currently published bank. See link provided above.
- If, instead, you're intending to make broad changes (i.e. calculation types, standard types, etc.) it's likely that a new standard bank will need to be created. Please contact our support team for consultation before making any broad changes to your standard bank.